Online Data Server
We have built a RAID system at UCLA that holds all the available EFI, MFE, and PWI data files. This RAID system is web accessible, and the metadata associated with EMWRAP data can point to the web addresses of the data files on this server.
A duplicate copy of all data files is stored at separate hard drives for redundancy.
- Resource: An object (document, data, etc.) or service available for use.
- Repository: A facility for storing and maintaining digital information in accessible form
- Registry: A collection point for metadata about resources.
- Access Point: An interface to the registries and resources.
- Data Model: Describes in an abstract way how data is represented. This includes semantics (meaning of terms) and ontology (relationships).
- Access Methods: Mechanisms to search for, use and distribute resources.